The Sudanese Environment Conservation Society SECS was officially registered in 1975 at the Humanitarian Aid Commission, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs as a pioneer national environmental NGO. Its goal is to achieve sustainable development through participation of all stakeholders in environmental conservation.
SECS believes that Sudan is a prosperous country with extensive natural resources; with wise environmental management, all the people can enjoy a safe and healthy environment; attain sustainable development and a lasting peace.
SECS depend for the implementation of its activities on volunteers with emphasis on the youth members. Volunteer work represents one of the pillars for the implementation of SECS activities. All interventions will be designed in such a way that ensures the active contribution of volunteers so that SECS achieves the objective of giving its endeavours a popular dimension. Volunteering will be encouraged, regulated and motivated. It also seeks to mobilize wide community participation in the management of natural resources and implementation of environmental rehabilitation interventions.
- To propagate environmental awareness.
- To conserve the environment in collaboration with the Government institutions and the relevant national and international NGOs.
- To implement pilot environmental rehabilitation projects at community level.
- To advocate for enforcement of environmental laws and challenge infringes on the environment.
- Environmental rehabilitation
- Sound management of resources
- Rational utilization of natural resources
- Elimination of harmful environmental
- Violations and malpractices
SECS Contact Information
- Follow us on: