From 29th December 2016 to 1st January 2017
- Name of partners:
- Sudanese National Commission for UNESCO.
- Zain Telecommunication Company, Sudan.
- COUSTEAU Society
- Targeted Area:
Red Sea State, Sudan.
- World Heritage Sites:
Sanganeb Marine National Park and Dungunab Bay – Mukkawar Island Marine National Park.
- Campaign summary:
The Youth and Environment committee under the Sudanese Environment conservation Society (SECS) participated in implementing the awareness campaign led by youth under the umbrella of UNESCO world heritage education program to raise awareness about the importance of World Heritage sites. The awareness Campaign for 2016 was implemented in Sanganeb Marine National Park and Dungonab Bay – Mukkawar Island Marine National Park in Red Sea State since Snguenib and dungunab National Park has declared as World Heritage site in July 2016, as the first natural World Heritage site in Sudan and along the Red Sea.
- The implemented activities included:
- Public awareness lectures.
- Drawing workshop.
- Theater show.
- Workshop for the fishermen.
- School’s rehabilitation and book distribution.